Why do we collect and process personal information?
- To administer membership records and collect fees
- To publicise events and activities at the Centre
- To provide information to those attending course or events
- To publish race results Laser Club etc.
- To provide information for attendance reporting to RYA
The categories of information that we collect and store include:
- Contact information for members, temporary members and those making course or venue bookings (eg name, address, email address, telephone number)
- Medical and dietary information for those attending training courses
- Attendance information for analysis and aggregated reporting
- Characteristics (in particular disability) for RYA reporting purposes
- Photos and videos of members and visitors taking part in Centre courses and events
- CCTV recordings for security
Who do we share this information with?
- Centre Staff and instructors receive appropriate information to enable them to fulfil their duties such as organising and running training courses, administering membership renewal for Water sport season tickets and Fishing.
- Aggregated attendance and disability data is shared with the RYA but this does not include personal information
- CCTV recordings are shared with the police at their request.
- Videos and photos of course members and visitors taking part in club events are posted on our website and other social media channels
- We use Mail chimp for e mail marketing to people who opt in
We will not share your personal information with any third parties apart from those stated here or as required by law without your prior advance permission.
Changing or updating your personal information
If you wish to come off any of our distribution lists, use the unsubscribe option or email the sender.
For all other requests, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Requesting access to your personal data
You have the right to request access to information that we hold about you. To make such a request, send an email to email@example.com
Questions or Comments on this Policy
If you would like to discuss anything concerning this policy, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org